Have somebody told you that you have an exquisite home but there seems to be something missing? If you have no clue as to what the person is referring to, try to look around your home and meticulously examine. If your space passes the tidy and tasteful test, then you have to dig deeper on what's missing. For all you know, what totally skipped you radar is something quite effortless and quick to remedy.
Just like in fashion, a monochrome approach can be boring and trite for our living space. That is why ID (Interior Designers) and seasoned home makers highly recommend integrate colors and texture to you space. By doing so, you transform your space to a flat-looking aesthetic to a visually beguiling finish. Not only that. Adding colors and textures to you house would add vigor and character which makes an instant topic piece to your visitors.
Here are some ideas on how to add colors and textures to you home:
- Placing an area rug to your living room is probably the easiest and the most effective way of adding texture to your floors. Depending on the color and construction of your flooring, try to look for rugs that have irregular patterns and different colors.
- Color mix throw pillows but make sure it blends well to the base color of your sofa or coaches.
- Hang colorful curtains to provide color and shade to your living room. If you are not driven to use curtains, window blinds have come a long way from the usual boring white, brown and black. It now comes in multi-hues and prints you can all choose from.
- Changing the color of a single panel of your wall is also a route if you are the bold and expressive type.
- Hang colorful paintings on your wall to add depth and excitement to your flat walls.
- Place an indoor plant to one corner of your house. Greeneries are the best source of life and fresh air.
- Buy some creative chairs or ottoman that you can place at the side of your living room. They may also come handy in case you are expecting more visitors than the usual
With a little bit of imagination and creativity, adding colors and texture is just within reach.