To say I love wood is really an understatement. You really cannot blame me, right? This piece of material adds so much elegance and glamour to any space in our home. That is why I made sure that wood is a fundamental object visible in my condominium. I simply love wood! That is why I get really curious why some people did not develop an interest on wood. Is it because it is a little bit pricier than the materials? Or is it harder and more delicate to have them in our home? Whatever reasons you may have, lets talk about the beauty and wonders that wood can give our homes.
Solid hardwood floors given some care and attention will give every homeowner so much joy and value. Admit it! The first time you enter a house and have a glimpse of a solid hardwood floor, you sense richness and warmth of nature. And as you take a closer look, you feel a sense of calmness and belongingness. However, achieving this look and feel is not that easy but neither that difficult so to say.
When it comes to protection, I could say this is the most important consideration you need to have when opting for wood flooring. Here are some tips:
- The best idea is to cover the legs of your furniture with rubber or stopper. Once this is done, be careful when moving objects from one place to the other. If there's no rubber or flannel protectors, lift them to avoid scratches.
- The worst enemy of wood flooring is probably the shoes. Remove your shoes when inside the house and wear rubber or cotton slippers.
- If you have pets, trim their nails regularly. Their nails may not create a deep scratch but their activities or running and scratching can create shallow marks.
- Avoid liquid spills. Water spills can immediately damage the wood finish and may lift from its original look. This is the effect when water enters the wood.
- Direct exposure to sun is also something you need to avoid. If the wood flooring is immediately next to a window, window treatments are recommended to shade your floors from the harsh rays of the sun.
- I really do not recommend using a vacuum cleaner for your wood. The corners of the equipment may scratch the floor. Instead, just use a clean cloth. If you want to achieve a shiny finish, use wood polish spray but never floor wax. Floor wax can shorten the life span of solid hardwood floor
After reading this blog, do you feel that having a wood is difficult to maintain? For sure, solid hardwood floor is not for everyone. But if you have been wanting to have one, go for it! Life is so much wonderful if you have wood around. And do not limit yourselves with just wooden floors, you can also use them as decorative pieces in your house.
Have fun with wood!