You have completed your home improvement project and everything looks to be just fine. But don't rest your laurel just yet. Designing needs to also be a holistic approach. It is not only about pleasing the human eyes. To complete the look, you need to achieve a distinctive scent inside your space. You are probably thinking of spraying your favorite scent every now and then to achieve the feel. But these spray bottles may contain dangerous toxins when inhaled, not to mention they do not last that long.
I am going to share today some easy ways on how to add scents the natural and less harmful method.
- Your daily dose of fruits also serves as natural scents in your kitchen. Not only do they provide colors but the citrusy scent of oranges and lemon adds natural odor. After eating them, do not throw the skin immediately. You can place them in a colorful net, tie it then place them inside your closet. You will always have that fresh feeling whenever you open the cabinet door.
- Adding fragrant plants is easy. Plants like rosemary, thyme, rose, lemongrass and eucalyptus are just some of the plants you can place inside your home. Optionally, you can pick up the dry leaves and place them on a plate. This will serve as a potpourri. One trick that you can do is, instead of placing the fragrant plant inside the house, strategically place them immediately outside you window. The breeze will naturally bring the scent inside your house.
- You can add scented candles as scent and ornaments. This is probably not a natural approach but candles sets the mood and feel of any given space.
- Try dabbing a little bit of essential oils to your bulbs. Do this when the bulb is off. When you turn on the lights, the heat will release the scents of the oil.
- Oil burner is the most common way to induce natural scent to your living room. They also provide cognitive function and mood. Other forms of diffuser are available in your nearby home centers
Just like spraying your favorite perfume before leaving the house, our home also needs its scent to complete the overall look. It seals the ambiance and comfort it provides to us. Just like the tips provided here, it is easy to add scents distinctive to your home. Before even a visitor appreciates the layout and décor of your house, they first experience the scent.