Unless you are earning 6 figures a month, getting that extra space could really hurt your budget. But with a little imagination and creativity, you can still achieve that spacious look you've wanted to have. Here are a couple of tips on how to make a small space look bigger; and at the same time some space saving ideas for your home.
- Keep your room tidy and organized - this is probably the best tip I can give you to save space. Nothing beats a tidy and organized home. Keep unwanted items inside the cabinet and just get them when needed
- Use smaller pieces of furniture - The pieces you add to your space play a critical role. Make sure they are proportional to the space available to you.
- Mirrors mirrors mirrors - This is probably the most obvious and common approach. Hang over-sized framed mirrors to create light and reflection creating that illusion of additional space
- Lighting is a key element also in opening up space - By letting the natural light enter the room, you will be surprised at how this will open up the room and make it look larger. If this is impossible to achieve, add warm light to specific corners of your house to create the look
- Buy multi-purpose pieces - Buy furniture that serves various functions is a great way to streamline a room. Find time to visit shops that specializes on this. Most ottomans nowadays can also be used as additional storage without creating an eyesore. Customize walls as hidden cabinets. I once saw a wall when pushed opens to hide books and magazines. Now that is what I call brilliant!
- Wall Colors - Color is very crucial for any room, but especially for small rooms. Go for solid colors. Painting the walls of a small room in blocks of different colors can add visual depths.
Just how I started this blog, all you need is a kilo of imagination and a cup of creativity. These are the most important ingredients in achieving a bigger and more spacious living space without buying those extra square meters.