According to medical studies, having 1 - 2 glasses of red wine a day can promote a healthier life. Although it contains alcohol, there are a lot of medical benefits one can gain from drinking red wine. As a disclaimer, this blog is not in any way promoting red wine as part of one's daily liquid consumption. Instead, I would only like to state known medical facts all related to red wine.
Read along my blog to understand some of the benefits...
- Anti-stress - wine has a calming effect. If wine drinking is part of your dinner, it gives you a mindset the day's work is done and it is time to rest and unwind. It serves as a mind segmentation to be calm and relaxed.
- Anti-bacterial - based on studies those who are consumes 2 to 3 glasses of red wine daily experience lesser bacterial attack in the stomach.
- Blood Clots - Light to moderate drinkers benefits from reduced chances of blood clot formation. Wine produces anti-clotting and anti-thrombotic effect.
- Heart Diseases - This is probably the most known benefit we have heard of. Moderate wine drinking can be a preventive activity against coronary heart disease. This is because red wine boosts high density lipoprotein cholesterol.
- Hypertension - Wine drinking if taken out of control is considered to cause hypertension. Based on recent studies however, taking 2 glasses of red wine, along with right diet, lower blood pressure.
- Better Sleep - If you prefer Cabernet Sauvignon, Chianti, and Merlot; these type of wine contains melatonin. It helps regulate your body clock and promotes better sleeping.
- Anti-aging - Because of the anti-oxidant content of grape, wine can be a natural anti-aging element.
Personally, I take 1 (one) glass of red wine before hitting the sack. My personal choice is Yellow Tail Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon. It's an Australian wine and it does not cost that much.
Before deciding to incorporate wine into your diet, please make sure to consult your doctor first. Better safe than sorry - this is a cliché that is always true when it comes to our health.
Here are also some suggestions where to go if you feel like having a glass or two of wine:
Alexa's Deli Cafe and Wine Bar
G/F Classica I Condominium, 112 H.V. Dela Costa St.
Salcedo Village, Makati
Zuni Restaurant & Wine Bar
Greenbelt 5 (Beside the Greenbelt Chapel),
Ayala Center, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Tel. Nos. 467-3931, 757-0361 to 62
Let's cheers to that!