There is nothing like hosting a party for family and friends. May it be for special occasions or a simple get-together, hosting parties provides fulfillment to the host even if there's real hard work involved to accomplish it.
But as the cliché goes, every party has to end. This entails a lot of cleaning to make sure that your house stays the way it was - clean and functional.
Since I have been hosting dinner and parties for quite sometime already, I somewhat created a solution on how to save time when it's time to clean the mess.
Here's what you can do:
- Before the party starts, make sure to keep small decorative items first. Not only do you protect them for possible breakage, you also save time in cleaning small items after the party.
- Make sure there are big trash bins strategically located where guests can see them. Buy the big, black garbage bag that is easy to seal when it's full. Check them every now and then while the party progresses to determine if there is a need to replace.
- It would be nice if you have a buffet table. This is where you can serve your food and drinks. Going in and out of the kitchen and dining area will most likely create spillage on the floor.
- Cover your dining table with over-sized runners. This will protect your wood for possible spillage of liquid. It would also be easier to wash the clothe after the event.
- It would also be a nice area to remove your area rugs. Aside from spillage, you are also protecting them from shoe dirt.
- Let your guests use one common restroom. It's totally easier to clean one compared to two. No brainer.
- Use your curtain belts to lock your curtains. In case it would be a breezy day, your curtains would be contained only at the far end of your window area. Lesser chances of your curtains to be blown away and possibly touch food and drinks.
Hosting a party does not mean a lot of hard work cleaning the mess after each event. With a little preparation and practicality, you will save a lot of time so you can savor the good times you had with your family and friends.